Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

My All-American Beefcake

Today Jeremy made dinner. Needless to say, this will be a short post since I don’t have any anecdotes to pass along about burn treatment or various kitchen tools that can be used to put out grease fires (though I’m sure we’ll share plenty of those stories in the next 30 days.) My handsome hubs made me Sirloin topped with a Dijon mustard and tarragon sauce accompanied by roasted carrots and red onions. I wish I had taken a picture of dinner, but I was so excited about eating it I forgot to document it. Simply put: Yummy yummy yummy! Tummy tummy tummy!  
I absolutely love it when Jeremy makes steak. I love steak night because Jeremy can cook the hell out of a steak. Another great thing about steak night is that it’s usually a free meal. You see, we steal the meat from his parents. I know that may seem abhorrent, but they raise their own cattle and turn it into an amazing treat for my tummy. I feel as though the Royals’ cows would have died in vain if we didn’t leave their farm with a trunk full of everything from tip to shoulder every time we visit. We’re doing them a favor if you really think about it (really really think about it.) At any rate, it’s good beef and we don’t have to pay for it—so I LOOOOVE steak night.
I mostly love steak night because when I get a steak or a giant bowl of chili from my husband I’m reminded of the unlimited generosity of his family. (MY family—MY—I don’t mind sharing this one.) I haven’t tested the outer limits of the word count on this blog, but I’m pretty sure that it is an inadequate space in which to explain how they are remarkably loving and kind and giving and… you get the picture. I know this may seem to be an overreaction to free rib eyes—but the steak is REALLY good.
At any rate, I love steak night because it reminds me of how loved I am… and how much I love free food.

No comments:

Post a Comment